It is for sure that every one of us has searched some embarrassing terms on internet. Not a single person can claim that they have not searched things that they don’t want to share. Beside embarrassment, some things that we search should remain private but google search history keeps all your activities.
We all think that clearing our browser history, deletes every search we made. Do you think that?
Then let’s break your hope and tell you that Google keeps all history that you search in their servers. Clearing out your browser history only deletes the history from your devices and not from the Google severs.
bluehost® helps big brands scale WordPress.
BlueHost: Get Professional Website Hosting For 3.95/MonthTry BlueHost Now
Most of us want to keep our online privacy protected so let’s provide you with the way you will be able to delete that awkward google search history and further to keep your future searches out of the reach of Google servers.
First Download Your Google Search History
Before deleting your Google search history, you first have to download it. This element may seem strange to you but it really makes a difference. By following the easy steps given below, you will be able to download and save your Google search history:
- On your Google account drive, to the MY ACTIVITY page.
2. Click the three vertical dots at the upper right corner and then click ‘’other Google activity.’’
3. Click ‘’create archive’’ when you reach the topic ‘’download your past searches’’
4. Select the options that you want to delete. And if you only want to delete your searches then, it’s the forth one from the bottom.
5. Modify your archive format that includes the optional file types and your archive size.
6. Pick your preferred delivery procedure such as you want it via e-mail, or added to your drive, drop box or OneDrive.
7. Now click ‘’create archive’’ and check for e-mail or online backup to make sure that it has been received.
Delete And Pause Your Google Search History
Now that you have your Google search history downloaded in your e-mail or online back up. We will drive you through deleting and disabling the function. Following are the two sections that will help you through the process:
Erase Your Google Search History
- Go back to the My Activity page. Click the three vertical dots then select ‘’ Delete activity by.’’
2. Select ‘’all time’’ in delete by date.
3. You will see a section below delete by date shown as ‘’all products’’. It is up to you if you want to delete anything specific but we suggest you to delete it all.
4. Now click ‘’DELETE’’. You will be asked by Google to review then click ‘’OK.’’
5. If successful, you will not observe any logs on the My Activity page.
Pause Google Activity Logging
To keep Google disabled from keeping an eye on your searches, make them stop by following these steps:
- Go back to the My Activity page. Click the vertical ellipsis and pick ‘’Activity controls.’’
2. Move the blue switch to left, beside ‘’Web and app activity.’’
3. A pop-up saying ‘’Pause web and app activity?’’ will appear. Examine the information given and then click ‘’PAUSE.’’
4. If your action would be successful then the switch beside ‘’Web and app activity’’ will appear gray clearly showing that the activity has been paused.
5. When you will scroll down through the page you will be presented with different options such as “Device information,” “Voice and audio activity,” “YouTube search history,” “Location history” and “YouTube watch history.” If the switches are blue swipe them to gray to pause, if already they are gray, leave them as it is.
6. If all your actions went successful, all the switches will be gray, clearly seeing that the activity has been disabled.
By doing the above actions, your searches will be personalized.
Reasons Why Clearing Your Google History Is Important
To convince you more on removing your search history, we will tell you how your data can be used if it makes way to wrong hands.
Whatever you put in the search engine of Google such as pictures, links and websites, Google will know everything about you. By the information you put in the search, Google has a particular image about you which includes your age, gender, location, your school, interests, hobbies, likes etc.
Besides having your all data revealed to Google, there is also danger of your data been used for wrong purposes or even to blackmail you. Safety precautions are important to protect yourself from being hacked.
Some Measures To Protect Your Online Privacy
- Having an anonymous search engine may help you from being tracked.
- Delete the account that is not in use. Accounts that you have forgotten may give help to the hackers to hack your important accounts such as G-Mail or Facebook.
- Sign up with a VPN provider to protect your online privacy.
From now on when you know that Google stores your every search, you now need to be more cautious. Clearing and disabling your Google search history not only saves you from targeted advertising and embarrassing searches but it also protects your online privacy.